Student Travel Grants
WiSec encourages graduate students to participate in the conference by partially subsidizing travel costs up to $1000 of those who would otherwise be unable to attend. The travel grants are provided by NSF and ACM.
Who Should Apply
Graduate students with a track record of interest in the areas of mobile and wireless systems security are encouraged to apply. Both authors of ACM WiSec 2017 and non-authors are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to graduate students without sufficient travel funds. Students from US and non-US institutions are eligible.
- Application deadline: June 1, 2017
- Award notification: June 5, 2017
- Deadline to accept/decline the award: June 7, 2017
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via EasyChair
. An application consists of the student's curriculum vitae, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor. The letter from the student must include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- A description of areas reflected in the WiSec 2017 program that would impact the student’s research.
- An explanation as to why attending WiSec 2017 is important to the student, and
The status of the student’s visa (J-1 or F-1), if any.
- [Optional] Relevant demographic information (e.g., if you classify yourself as a member of a minority group or a person with a disability), which will be taken into account when making decisions for NSF-funded travel grants.
The letter from the student's advisor should include:
- Confirmation that the student is a doctoral candidate in good standing.
- The suitability of the WiSec program material to the student’s research area.
- Ways in which this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The level of monetary support necessary for the student to attend, and
Availability of funds from other sources.